12.20.2010

Vivo

So recently Camille showed me a website she found, stumbling maybe, I'm not too sure, anyways the site was sorta like FML(Fuck My Life) or MLIA(My Life Is Awesome). Where users will post little updates about things going on in their lives. Though a little different from those sites, but still very similar, this was called MMT(Makes Me Think). The whole site is based around updates that are very meaningful and just generally makes you think. For example; (I'll have you all know that it has taken me 30 minutes or so to pick through about 20 or so posts trying to find the best one just because they are all amazing.)





"Today, after I watched my dog get run over by a car, I sat on the side of the road holding him and crying. And just before he died, he licked the tears off my face. MMT"
&
"Today, I returned home after being stationed in Iraq for 9 months. While I was still in uniform, I went into an ice cream shop near the airport to get a milkshake. The girl behind the counter handed me my shake and said, “It’s on me.” “Thanks, you didn’t have to do that,” I said. “Neither did you,” she replied. MMT"






I've been reading this non stop and it's actually really making me think.
Like generally I dislike change very much, I don't truly feel happy, I'm terrified of death and just kinda live life always waiting for something, always looking forward to something and never focusing on whats going on right now. Life passes you by like a blur and years down the road you'll look back and realize how much you missed you. However, after reading this I feel it has actually generally changed they way I look at life.

Over the summer, after 4 years of dating this girl, we broke up. Now this killed me, and has been still affecting me till today. But after reading that site, I have come to accept almost appreciate it. I hate change, but with out change
I wouldn't be where I am right now, and for the first time in months I believe that I can truly say that I'm happy. I don't regret anything, I wouldn't change anything.


I know you probably have all heard this before but you should all take a minute and tell your friends and family how much they mean to you because you never know what could happen. Life your life to the fullest and if you're unhappy, change something, because it's your life, why should you waste it feeling depressed. Follow your dreams and do what you want, don't let anyone tell you you can't do something, just use that to motivate yourself more. Embrace all your regrets and mistakes and turn them into positive life experiences. They will be the things that shape and mold you into the person you become.


























Here is a song that has helped me finally see all of this:
The Surface - Rosesdead

The sky is clear. The light will shine. The sea is calm. All doubt is lost. All eyes are open. The peace is near.
Words can't describe, what life was like. I was underneath the wake. Those darkened days, I'll leave behind. It was more than I could take. And yet, if it could happen all again, I wouldn't want it any other way.
If I could do it all again, I wouldn't change, a single thing. This is the start of something. This is the start of something new I've never felt like this before. I never thought I would see this soar. Make this fight, worth your time.
Make sure you don't regret a thing. Don't regret a thing. Now that I'm looking down, this is the way it was meant to be

(As I stand here, I realize. In order to grow from what once was, all of this needed to happen. Now I'm finally where I need to be.)

Make mistakes. Make your dreams. Live your life. Make mistakes. Live your dreams. Make this real.
Let light rain down on me.

These words may never describe, exactly what I felt inside. But I know how hard I tried and that I'll learn to make the most of this life.


Anyways, I hope you took something away from reading this, and it doesn't just turn into an empty thought in the back of your mind. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'll try to post as much as possible during the break...I can see that Camille hasn't been :P. Merry Christmas everyone and have a Happy New Year

<3izanrelur>

0 comments:

Post a Comment